Monthly Archives: February 2010
Digital Ministries began offering free websites to Christian churches and ministries way back at the turn of the century. Then last year we got so busy that we had to suspend the offer and do some serious reworking of our servers and support software.
Free Website Offer Resumed
With our house in order once more, I am very excited to report that we are again offering free websites and blogs to qualified Christian churches and ministries. And FREE means FREE… no advertisements, no hidden charges, no strings, just a website or blog setup, hosted and maintained at no cost.
Hosted On Multi-user Wordpress Software
Wordpress is one of the most widely used blog and website content management systems available today. It offers tremendous flexibility, see for yourself at wordpress.org. Here are some of the features that we find most useful:
- Flexible themes with a multitude of formats. Within the Wordpress theme structure, we have developed a custom theme structure that allows us to quickly provide custom website and blog designs to meet almost any need.
- Over 8,000 plugins that provide functionality for almost every conceivable requirement.
- Media interfaces for photos, galleries, sideshows, MP3 and video presentations.
- Integration with Picasa, Flickr, Youtube, and many other media hosting sites.
- Connections to social networking, like Twitter, Buzz, Facebook, and many, many more.
- File and PDF downloads, for study and sermon notes, commentaries, information sheets, announcements, etc.
- Forms for data collection, surveys, prayer requests, information requests and comments.
- Advanced blog features including categories, tags, archives, comments, pings, ATOM and RSS.
- Automatic posting of teasers to Twitter, Buzz, etc.
- Mobile page formatting for Blackberry, Iphone, etc.
- Multiple, password protected, administrator, editor, author and subscriber accounts.
And the list goes on and on. The possibilities to showcase your ministry, reach your audience and deliver your message are truly endless. There has never been a better opportunity to use digital technology and the Internet to advance your ministry and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Designed For Active Ministries and Busy Ministry Leaders
We think there are three reasons you might be interested in our offer:
- You need to put your financial resources into your ministry, but you also need an Internet presence.
- You are too busy doing ministry to setup and maintain a website or blog.
- You know ministry, but not technology, so you need someone to help make it happen.
That’s why we offer a complete service…. setup and maintenance. You provide the content, such as information, graphics, photos, audio and video. We take it from there. Once your website is setup, you can email changes at anytime, and we will make them. And you can make the blog posts from your blackberry or iphone, twitter account, web browser or email. Or you can write the posts as articles and email them to us. Send along files, photos, mp3s and video and we will load them. Post photos to your free Picasa or Flickr account, and video to your free Youtube account, and we will display them directly on your website or in your blog.
Whatever works in your busy schedule, we will do our best to support you and keep your website and blog up-to-date.
What’s The Catch?
Well, to be honest, there are some qualifications to our offer. Read our Free Website Offer overview and then consider the Offer Details. Then, if you and your ministry qualify, fill out the Website Request Form, and we can get started.
It’s The Lord’s Work
What ever we do, lets be sure we always give the glory and honor to Jesus Christ, Lord of Lord and King of Kings.
May He bless you and your ministry today!